Amazon FBA Excel Calculator (EU) version
In order to sell an article profitably at Amazon (opens new window), many cost items must be correctly assessed. Starting with the purchase price, the shipping costs (via Fulfillment by Amazon (opens new window)) up to the return rate.
For this purpose I have built a Amazon calculator in Excel, in which you can enter the essential product characteristics and which then determines all costs and the net proceeds.
Input of the Amazon Calculator
- Order quantity
- Cost per unit (purchase)
- EUR/USD exchange rate, if applicable
- Freight costs
- Customs in percent
- Product type (media product / non-media product)
- Use of Amazon services (labeling service, shipping services)
- Quantity sold per month
- Sales price
- Amazon category
Output of the Amazon FBA Calculator
- Is fulfillment by Amazon possible?
- Storage costs per month
- Sales period in months
- Average inventory level
- Average storage costs per month
- Storage costs total duration
- Standard or plus size?
- Type of packaging
- Packed weight
- Weight product incl. packaging
- FBA fees in EUR
Sales figures (per unit, per month and for the total quantity ordered):
- Total costs of purchase (incl. freight and customs)
- Amazon sales commission (depending on the category)
- Variable pick-and-pack fee
- FBA fees (oversize, shipping, warehouse, services see above)
- Net revenue (per piece, per month, total quantity)
- Effect of return rate (1-95 %) on total revenue
Inputs of the Amazon Calculator
FBA data in the sheet
Assumptions of the Amazon computer
The tool assumes that the seller is entitled to deduct VAT and has a so-called "professional seller account (opens new window)", i.e. all values are calculated completely net of taxes.
Currently only Amazon.de and Shipping within Germany is supported.
Outdated shipping costs
The Excel calculator is no longer up to date since Amazon last adjusted the shipping costs.
Here you can download the Excel file. It is open and not protected. So please feel free to make changes and adapt it to your needs.
The current Amazon FBA costs can be found here (opens new window)