# Amazon Alerts
# Why do you need an Amazon Alert system
As soon as you have more than 10 ASINs up and running it becomes a tedious task to keep an eye on all of them every day. However you need to check your listings on a regular basis as lots of things can happen which you want to avoid, e.g.
- a new seller can jump on your listing and
- you lose the buybox for one of your topsellers
- you get a negative review
- your listing content changes (to the worse)
- ... and much more
# How can AMALYTIX support you
Keeping an eye on your products, your seller account, your vendor account, your reviews etc. is one of the core features in AMALYTIX and you should take the time to tailor them to your needs. It is important to find the right mix in order to not miss important details while not receiving unnecessary alerts.
# Where do I configure my alerts
Various alerts are collected and you can find a short description under Settings / Alert settings.
To create a new alert you need to follow our three step approach
- Set name and channel
- Select alerts
- Select the products you would like to include
# Step 1: Set name and channel
In step 1 you should define an internal name (1) which helps you later to understand what is happening in this alert. Then you select the "Channel" (2). We have the following channels at the moment:
If you select the channel called AMALYTIX then these alerts will be saved within AMALYTIX only. You will not get a notification here.
If you select the channel email these alerts will be sent via email to you. You then need define the recipients of these alerts and you can define a custom subject line. If you leave the subject line empty a standard subject line will be used.
If you choose the channel called Slack you can send these alerts to a slack channel of your choice.
The Global option has a special meaning. Here you can define settings which will influence all of your other alerts, e.g. here you can define a list of ASINs you do not want to include. If you define these globally you do not need to add this list in every other alert.
# Step 2: Select alerts
In step 2 you will find our complete selection of available alerts (see list below). Just check the alerts (1) you would like to include. Sellers choose the alerts from the alerts starting with "Seller". Vendors should choose the alerts from the "Vendor / Watchlist" section.
# Step 3: Select the products you would like to include / exclude
Here you can define which of your products should be included within this alert. You have several options available:
- Marketplace (1): Here you can limit the alert to products offered on a certain marketplace, e.g. if you choose "US" only products on the US marketplace are included.
- Tags (2): If you have added some tags to your products you can limit this alert to those products which share the selected tags. Check our docs on our Seller Products or Vendor Products page on how to assign tags to your products.
- Brands (3): Select one or more brands to be included in this alert.
- Product list (4): Select this alert to a certain product list.
- Include only these ASINs (5): Here you can provide a list of ASINs you would like to monitor
- Exclude these ASINs (5): Here you can provide a list of ASINs you would like to explicitly exclude.
Click on Save new alert to finish your alert definition.
# Which alerts are available
List is not complete
We are adding new alerts on a monthly basis so this list might not be comprehensive. Please check the "Settings / Account / Alerts" page for a complete list
# Product Listing alerts
- The title has changed
- Images have changed
- Attributes have changed
- The Buybox price has changed
- The product description has changed (Standard / A+)
- New question in the listing
# Availability alerts
- The product is not available
- The product is out-of-stock
- Best seller badge won / lost
- Amazon choice badge won / lost
# Buybox alerts
- Buybox won
- Buybox lost
- New seller in the listing
# Reviews alerts
- Received negative product review
- Received negative seller review
- The number of a product's reviews has decreased
# Sales alerts
- No orders for a product for the past 7 days
- No orders for a product for the past 30 days
- No orders for a product for the past 60 days
- No orders for a product for the past 90 days
# Storage alerts
- Probable long-term storage fee
- The inventory for a product will last for less than 30 days
- The inventory for a product will last for less than 60 days
- The inventory for a product will last for less than 90 days
# Fulfillment FBA alerts
- The fee for FBA shipments has changed
# Pricing Error alerts
- The prices in different marketplaces differentiate by more than 20%
- The offer price has expired
# Customer Satisfaction alerts
- The status in one of the six performance criteria has changed
- There is a customer inquiry that came in more than 24 hours ago and has not yet been answered
# Keywords alerts
- The keyword position for an important keyword has been downgraded
# Alerts specific to books
- The book is not available
- The book description is not available
- The short book description is not available
- The book contents is not available